Love Whetstone has developed a programme of projects designed to improve the environment on the High Road in Whetstone for the local Community and visitors.
- Introduction of a regular Farmers Market 9 October 2016
- Fundraising dinner at the Haven 30 October 2016
- Reinstatement of the Christmas Tree and Carol Concerts 1 December 2016
- Fundraising quiz January 2017
- Installation of Community Notice Boards Early 2017
- Historical Information Plaques Spring 2017
- Installation of flower displays May 2017
- Whetstone in Bloom Community Celebration 4 June 2017
- Increase the number of public benches Autumn 2017
- Improved Christmas Lights December 2017
Love Whetstone enjoys the support of Barnet Council and local Councillors and is applying to the Council and local bodies for funding for as many of these projects as possible but these sources will fall short off what is needed.
Love Whetstone is looking for sponsors and will be organising its own community fundraising events to raise the additional funds needed to complete the programme.
Our fundraising events are designed to allow local residents and business to participate and thereby increase the sense of community at the centre of Love Whetstone’s mission.